Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Story of When, Why & How...

           ...I started this blog.

  After a rigorous 3 months of training schedule, I came home for a lovely warm Christmas-New Year vacation. And its during this extended break, I was reunited with my long-forgotten friends- pen & paper. I had lost the habit of sitting down to write. I was always typing-on my phone or wherever I was around a computer (which was almost always!).

  Sitting out in the warm, wintery, evening sun, with a cup of hot coffee & mind full of random thoughts, I realised this was long overdue.

  I'd have liked to say 'I've been keeping busy' or 'no time, yaar', but the truth is I've been lazy! Despite suggestions from friends to start blogging or atleast contribute in forums, I've let it fall on deaf ears & shut eyes (I preferred sleep :p). But now, thanks to my previous busy schedule, I'm unable to fit myself into the 'after-retirement' lifestyle. Im literally with 'no-work' & thus this was born!

  Now to answer the last point, I'm extremely thankful to my mom for passing on the literary strands of her DNA to me & ofcourse the company I'm working with, for truly putting its 'employees' interests 'first' by giving us ample (no-work) time!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Coo! Namrata :)

    I love it so much when my friends start a blog! :) (and then hate them to death when they forget about it after a few posts :-/ )

    Writing as you said, is a long lost skill. My current Devanagari script seems to be mixed with Roman and a hint of Urdu :D

    Most importantly, there will always be thoughts "there is no time for this" or even "this thing is not good enough to be posted". I have always had thoughts like this. In that case, my advice would be to post it anyway (even 4 lines regularly are enough, to keep it going :).

    Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for that piece of advice Ravi-ji. Trust me, I've had the same thoughts playing through my mind all through.

    P.S. Ur hindi poems are too gud! :)

    ReplyDelete